We are always looking for top talent to hire, innovative logistics companies and outstanding new plants.
Please contact us, we look forward to hearing from you!
J Berry Nursery is seeking a General Manager for our Grand Saline, TX facility to oversee all production aspects of our wholesale nursery at this location. The candidate should be interested in a long-term career and have the desire to be involved in shaping the future of our business. J Berry Nursery’s success is based on bringing innovation to the market. We focus on developing new products to be introduced by J Berry Nursery and our network of licensed growers domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful management in a production nursery/greenhouse or other manufacturing type business. This individual will be expected to translate a multiyear sales plan into a facility, labor, equipment and distribution plan. Qualified candidates must be process driven, self-motivated, and able to develop and work as part of a team. Candidates should have at least five years of production management experience and the capability to lead the execution of a production plan.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Must have strong communication, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Bi-lingual-English and Spanish a plus
- Technology oriented
- Able to execute plans within the defined budget and established timeline
- Ability to analyze, create and design systems to increase overall efficiency
- Ability to attract, train, motivate and develop labor and field team leaders
- Able to proactively prevent issues instead of reactively fixing issues as they arise
- Develop and foster team environment through training and education
- Able to maximize resource utilization to ensure operational efficiency
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean Flow and/or Six Sigma management systems
- Competitive Salary and benefits package to be negotiated during interview process
- Opportunity to work with and make your mark with a rapidly growing company
- Work with award winning and industry recognized company and products
Submit Resume and cover letter to: Scott Sterlingscott@jberrynursery.com
J Berry was established in 2006 and is a rapidly growing nursery, with a unique and innovative product mix. J Berry focuses on the development and production of branded programs. We own, produce and license the following brands: Black Diamond® and Emerald Empire® Crapemyrtles, Déjà Bloom® Azaleas, and Hollywood™ Hibiscus. Through a licensed grower network our brands are influencing markets in Australia, Europe, China, Japan, North America and South Africa.
J Berry has a customer base focused on big box stores and regional retail chains in Texas, the Midwest, the Southeast and the Mid Atlantic. Our production facility is in Grand Saline, TX which is 80 miles East of Dallas and 40 miles Northwest of Tyler.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Horticulture (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of PGRs, pest control management, plant nutrition, and plant propagation
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Experience supervising work crews
- Working knowledge of Excel and other basic computer programs
The person hired for the Grower Position will be expected to plan and oversee the execution of basic plant production and care functions to include pest control, disease control, fertilizing, weeding, planting, and staging of plants to meet the sales forecast in the most labor efficient way.
J Berry offers a competitive compensation package including paid vacation, health, and dental. Interested candidates should contact Brooke McCown email@example.com