Home › Join Our Team
We are always looking for top talent to hire, innovative logistics companies and outstanding new plants.
Please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Head Grower – J. Berry Nursery, Grand Saline, TX
J. Berry Nursery is seeking an individual that can contribute to bringing high quality, innovative plants to the industry and consumers. This position is ideal for the person who is passionate about horticulture and has the desire to be part of a contemporary, collaborative and inventive team committed to the highest standards of quality.
• Work closely with the Production Manager to plan and implement all work activities relating to plant growth and overall production operations.
• Direct and supervise the cultural teams assigned, always working towards goals of maintaining schedules and forecasts with the most efficient use of labor.
• Adapt all activities to be in line with our Lean Processing methodology.
• Monitor assigned areas daily.
• Maintain daily record keeping aiding in establishing and monitoring efficiency rates.
• Ensure that accepted IPM procedures are being maintained.
• Monitor and adjust the nutritional program based on soil test results and plant growth requirements.
• Maintain pruning procedures, schedules, and spacing of plants in a timely fashion. Assess results of pruning and spacing for continuous improvement.
• Maintain a schedule of herbicide applications.
• Perform special projects, as assigned.
• A degree in Horticulture or relevant experience is necessary for consideration.
• High level of organizational skills with specific ability to prioritize activities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Some proficiency with Excel and other programs.
Qualified applicants are requested to send resume/CV to: Gary Hickman – firstname.lastname@example.org